The Department of Physics in collaboration with International Relations Office has established a number of research and educational collaborations with Universities and Research Institutes outside Greece. More specifically:
- Erasmus Program in Physics: The Department of Physics hosts students from Europe who come to Crete to attend select courses and work on research projects with the faculty. It also encourages our undergraduates students to explore similar opportunities in other european countries. The fact that the Department has been using the ECTS system since 2008 greatly facilites the transfer of credits among institutions. The faculty responsible for this program is Prof. A. Zezas.
- Organization of educational programs of the type "Erasmus Intensive Program". Two such programs entitled Non-perturbative Quantum Field Theory and Charged Particle Optics: Theory and Simulation took place in April and August of 2013.
- A collaboration established with the Université de Grenoble in France provides students of both Universities the possibility of performing a common PhD thesis sharing the facilities and supervisors.
- In collaboration with Skinakas Observatory, groups of high-school and university students have been visiting the Department and the Observatory every year, in order to be trained to use the 1.3m telescope and perform small projects in various topics of modern astrophysics.
- In collaborations with the Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas, the Department participates in the annual Onassis Foundation Science Lecture Series. During these lectures scientists of the most exceptional level, introduce to students from all over the world select modern research topics in physics and other sciences.
In addition to the above, the members of the Department of Physics are very active in cutting edge research areas and maintain collaborations with the top institutes outside Greece. This has provided the opportunity to a large fraction of our graduates to successfully continue their academic career to Universities and research Institutes in Europe and the US.
Furthermore, the EURAXESS Service Centre of the University of Crete provides free and personalized assistance to researchers and their families when relocating. It forms part of the European Service network. Contact persons: E. Michelidaki: (tel. +30 2810 393376, fax + 30 2810 393374, e-mail: email@example.com), C. Codrington (tel+30 2810 393179, fax: +30 2810 393374, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Department of Physics
- Research Highlights
- Computing Support
- Institute of Theoretical and Computational Physics
- Crete Center for Theoretical Physics - CCTP
- Crete Center for Quantum Complexity and Nanotechnology - CCQCN
- Skinakas Observatory
- Onassis Lectures
- International Prizes
- International Relations
- Computing Services
- Useful Links
- Visitor Information